Country: China, Singapore or India; City – flexibel
Language requirements: English, Mandarin
Who are we?
At dss+ we partner with our clients to save lives and create a sustainable future. As a leading operations management consulting firm with global reach, we partner with our clients build organisational and human capabilities, manage risk, improve operations, achieve sustainability goals and operate more responsibly. Through the integration of processes, technology, governance, mindsets & behaviours, people capability and culture, we help clients build capabilities to improve resilience and reduce vulnerabilities. It’s our goal to help organizations overcome their challenges & protect what they care for: their people, their assets, the environment, their competitiveness, their ability to innovate, their communities and the impact they have for future generations.
dss+ leverage its distinctive capabilities and hands-on expertise in the areas of Operational Risk Management, Operational Excellence, Sustainability, Learning & Development and Digital Technologies to help our clients transforming their operations, driving tangible business impact while building the capabilities for sustained performance.
dss+ has over 1,200 employees across the globe offering services primarily in the Metals & Mining, Chemicals, Oil & Gas / Energy, Power and Utilities, Agriculture, Food & Beverage, Industrial and Manufacturing, and Financial Services industries. You will have the opportunity to work with industry recognised experts, and the chance to “operationalise” solutions for clients and not just deliver a strategy. Join a team of implementers who protect people, assets & communities, transform operations and create sustainable change.
What will we offer?
As a fast-growing global consulting business, we offer an unprecedented career opportunity for highly motivated candidates. You will work with and learn from our seasoned experts include operations executives, technical and project managers, experienced line managers, qualified coaches and digital natives that have a problem-solving mindset and a passion for what they do. Combining industry best practices, the latest thinking in operations management and proven methodologies developed within dss+, our experts optimize outcomes across a wide range of industries. Additionally, as a firm that both advises and implements, you will be able to see the positive impact and value that your work delivers for our client. Coupled with our strong purpose and culture, this position offers an ideal platform to deliver positive impact to our society and the environment.
This role is highly entrepreneurial and will be at the forefront of delivering sustainable, industry specific solutions to clients across various regions. You will have the opportunity to influence the way we work and our go-to-market strategy as well as contributing to dss+’s sustainable growth.
At dss+ we embrace and celebrate diversity. We have established an inclusive culture, where everyone contributes, has the chance to develop and display their talents in solving challenging client problems.
What will you do?
You will lead the Chemicals Industry Practice in the Asia-Pacific (AP) region, defining and shaping our chemical industry growth strategy and positioning in the region, directing business development, nurturing and expanding our clients, and ultimately delivering profitable growth in the region.
In particular, you will have a strategic and client facing role across the consulting value chain, from leading business development efforts, delivering strategic impact in projects and driving strategic account development.
You will collaborate with our regional and global Practices and thought leaders to innovate our valu proposition, service offering, IP and approaches to continue to deliver value for our clients.
You will develop and engage a team of diverse and talented professionals with a strong focus on excellent client delivery, within a high-performance and purpose-led work culture.
More specifically, you would be contributing to the following areas:
- Articulate the chemical industry growth strategy and positioning for our AP region, in alignment with Global strategy.
- Drive industry growth at regional level by 1) nurturing and expanding our Key Account Portfolio and 2) leading focused business development and go-to-market initiatives.
- Take direct accountability on business development targets with select accounts in the industry.
- Provide industry expertise and advise in support key clients’ discussions, proposals and solutions identification to ensure industry IP and best practices are leveraged.
- Identify industry specific marketing requirements and support marketing plan implementation at market level (in alignment with global marketing plan).
- Building and enhancing strong relationships with existing/ prospective clients, building C-Suite relationships in key accounts and positioning the company as a trusted partner.
- Providing quality assurance to the delivery of major / critical engagements at strategic / key accounts to ensure application of industry best practices/ IP, etc.
- Attending and facilitate strategy accounts project reviews and leverage insights and learning as input to industry effort (e.g., IP/ Content development needs, capability needs, etc.).
- Ensuring the execution of multiple co-current complex consulting assignments to meet / exceed client deliverables as per expectations.
- Identify needs and create specific POVs, benchmarks and other intellectual capital to be developed to support business development efforts and industry positioning.
- Collaborate with Global Chemical Industry to expand the internal network of industry experts and practitioners to support industry strategy and plan execution.
- Collaborate with the global Chemicals Industry Team contributing to thought leadership, offerings and methodologies bringing global best practices into the AP market and clients.
- Work with Practice Leaders to enhance the knowledge management process and systems and capture / develop industry specific content.
- Mentor and coach team members and leverage the strengths of each team member to ensure project collaboration, ensuring successful deliverable of client projects.
- Collaborate with Market, Practices and Functions (e.g. HR) to identify and plan key initiatives to expand capabilities (e.g. talent development, hiring, learning & development, etc.)
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s in Science, Engineering or Business, MBA, MS preferred.
- Current knowledge of the Chemicals industry (e.g., overall value chain, key trends, major players in the market, key risks, challenges, and value drivers).
- Experience working in a management consulting firm, ideally combined with hands-on experience in the Chemicals industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant industry solutions/best practices in operational risk, operational excellence or sustainability practice lines.
- Existing relationships with relevant senior leaders/ middle managers in targeted Chemicals industry accounts across AP (globally a plus).
- Direct experience (>10 years) in delivering growth and key services in transforming companies in Chemicals segment.
- Communicate effectively at C-suite level and ability to effectively drive business development/solution development and/or high-quality delivery of key services.
- Demonstrated experience coaching, leading and developing talent.
- EEtrepreneurial spirit, outcomes focused, thriving in a fast-paced, rapidly growing consulting environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team-working attitude to be able to work in with fast-paced, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English. Other languages such as Mandarin will be a strong plus.